What are the steps in creating a Student Directed Seminar?
- Attend an information session. If you’d like to learn more about the SDS program, the role of a facilitator, and how to put together an application, we would strongly encourage you to attend an information session.
- Friday, February 7th 1:30pm – 3:00pm, Lillooet Room, Chapman Learning Commons, Irving K. Barber Centre. This information session will be a panel session of past/current Student Coordinators, Faculty Sponsors, Program staff and the Chair of the Advisory Committee. Come with questions and learn from the experience of other students.
- Thursday, March 6th 1:00pm – 2:00pm, Centre for Student Involvement Front Lounge
- Friday, March 7th 3:00pm – 4:00pm, Centre for Student Involvement Front Lounge
The SDS Advisory Committee will meet in April to decide which applications will be approved. All applicants will be notified about the status of their application in May.
If your course proposal is accepted:
- Make any revisions the advisory committee has suggested.
- Create the course number, schedule a class meeting time, book the classroom, and order any textbook/course materials you need. If you are planning on having guest speakers, make sure you secure them far enough in advance. Again, your faculty sponsor can help with this.
- Begin preparing for your Student Directed Seminar! There will be training sessions held to better prepare you for this exciting experience.